Thursday 21 May 2009

Welsh Rabbit?

Wandered into Brown's Hotel in Mayfair couple of days ago. Was there to sample the regional wines of Italy's smaller producers and very fine they were too - of which, more later.

As it was my first visit to this renowned Rocco Forte hotel I decided to wander though and look at the rest of the place, especially the restaurants and bar.

Imagine my delight when I strolled into the bar, picked up the food menu and discovered "Welsh Rabbit" on the menu.

I mentioned this to one of the grey tail-coated staff who agreed that it was a dish involving bread, cheese and Worcester sauce. I suggested to him that it might actually be called "Welsh Rarebit". He hurried away to discuss this with others.

I don't recall a thank you.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment